2015 Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame Selectees
2016 Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame Selectees
2018 Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame Selectees
2019 Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame Selectees
2021 Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame Selectees
The Oregon-California Trails Association (OCTA) established the Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame (ETHoF) to accomplish several important goals.
The Association wishes to honor those who formed the framework of historic trail promotion, preservation, research, and education, upon which OCTA finds foundation.
The Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame Committee wants to educate OCTA members and site visitors to the philosophic and historic roots of the association.
The Committee hopes to motivate OCTA members and the American public to respect and preserve its historic trails heritage through the example of others.
How to Participate
Nominate a candidate for the Emigrant Trails Hall of Fame
Potential additions to the ETHoF are evaluated annually by a committee comprised of three OCTA past presidents and three other members, all of whom are appointed by the current President. Nominations provided by OCTA members, affiliated partners or other trail-associated organizations and agencies will be accepted and considered.
Nominees can be selected from the following six categories:
- Preservationist: Promoted trail marking, interpretation and preservation through significant activities with lasting impact.
- Trail pioneer: Made significant contributions to trail development and migration or to the history and culture of the areas where they settled.
- Author: Enhanced public awareness and understanding of trail history through first-hand accounts or research of original source materials.
- Philanthropist: Made significant financial contributions to support the trail preservation movement or the preservation of cultural resources associated with it.
- Public official: Helped promote public recognition of trail history and/or expansion of trail marking and monument programs.
- Executive: Led corporate initiatives to support the trail preservation movement or enhance public awareness.
Candidates may not be living but can be organizations, associations, or governmental agencies. OCTA membership is not a requirement and OCTA awards or offices do not automatically qualify anyone for consideration.
Please fill out and submit the Nomination form accessible here.
For further information, please email: ETHoF1846@gmail.com