An American legacy is at risk. The historic trails trod by half a million pioneers, gold rushers, adventurers, families—people in pursuit of a better life in the West—are under constant threat from development, including energy-related projects. Many miles of wagon ruts and swales still exist in silent testimony to those hardy souls who built the nation as we know it today.
YOU CAN HELP by supporting the preservation work of the Oregon-California Trails Association, on behalf of the Oregon and California National Historic Trails.
Join OCTA today to participate in trail preservation activities. Receive Member Benefits and help us Save the Trail.
- Donate to the Save the Trail cause. The Oregon-California Trails Association is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our non-profit ID is 84-0962140. Our office is located at 524 South Osage St
Independence, MO 64050.
- Your donation will help fund important trail preservation work. You can send a check or make a secure online donation by clicking the donate button below. A tax receipt letter will be provided.
- Donate to OCTA Specialty Funds for Endowment, Preservation and Legal Defense.
- Establish a memorial. Funds set up as a remembrance for a family member or friend can further their trails interest in perpetuity. Memorial contributions to OCTA can be sent directly to OCTA headquarters or through the Network for Good. To post a new obituary, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join OCTA. Learn about all the opportunities to participate in trail preservation activities.
- Keep in touch. If joining isn’t your cup of tea, and you’d just like to keep up with what’s happening with the trails through an occasional newsletter, Contact Us to tell us a little about yourself.