Fort Laramie National Historic Site
Goshen County, Wyoming
Established in 1834, this site was a fur trade post and military garrison at the confluence of the Laramie and North Platte Rivers in southeast Wyoming. Tens of thousands of overland emigrants on the Oregon, California and Mormon Trails passed by or stopped at the fort before its abandonment in 1890.
965 Grey Rocks Road, Fort Laramie, Wyoming
The park is located in Southeast Wyoming approximately 100 miles north of Cheyenne, Wyoming and 55 miles west of Scottsbluff, Nebraska.
From Interstate-25, take exit 92 to U.S. Highway 26, proceed east to the town of Fort Laramie; turn right on State Route 160 and travel 3 miles to the park entrance.
From U.S. Highways 26/85, proceed west from the town of Lingle on Highway 26 to the town of Fort Laramie; turn left on State Route 160 and travel 3 miles to the park entrance.
The site is open to the public and administered by the National Park Service.